We are currently looking for an Associate Social Creative Editor / Social Media Editor on our Social Media Team. This is a great opportunity to use your creative skills to create and edit content on a wide range of social media verticals for a leading entertainment website, which also happens to be in the top 50 in all internet websites in the United States. Don't take our word for it, check it out at https://www.quantcast.com/ranker.com.
This is definitely not your everyday social media position, as we are focused on finding creative writer/editors that are either know how to interact with large audiences (think 100K to over a million viewers), or want to learn how to do that. The media landscape is changing at an unreal pace and the people who understand how to grab the waning attention of the masses are the ones who are going to succeed.
Here are some examples of some of the Social Media verticals we create:
Want to be part of our Social Media Content team? Here’s how you’ll know if you’re going to love this job:
First, what’s in it for you:
- Have the chance to express your creativity in front of a very large audience (think 100K to well over a million people) in a company that really lets you run with YOUR ideas
- Full-time position with a genuine career track. This isn't a freelance gig...it's a real job with regular salary paid twice a month, with benefits and meaningful equity.
- Speaking of benefits, we offer fully-paid medical, plus heavily subsidized voluntary dental and vision plans.
- Paid holidays, plus an additional days of paid time off per year.
- Very casual workplace (ie t-shirts and shorts are totally fine) with a fully stocked kitchen including free snacks, soda, Perrier, LaCroix, Mexican Coca Cola; we also do catered lunches and breakfast weekly, and free massages every other week.
- Located conveniently in the Mid-Wilshire district, minutes from Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and the 10 Freeway.
Who we believe will do great in this role:
All our successful Social Creative Editors / Social Media Editors have been able to hit the ground running, so realistically, you’ll have to have some commercial experience creating engaging content, especially for a content-driven website or entertainment-focused social media channel or page. In addition, we tend to focus on those candidates that have:
- EXCELLENT writing, editing, and communication skills. A writing background, specifically in short & sweet mediums, will lead to success. Whether it’s blogging, or script writing, or copy editing or journaling or whatever. If you love to write, you’re going to do really well here.
- Demonstrated social media savvy - we’re looking for people that can creatively reach out and engage an audience. Do you have your own web series or blog? We like that. Do you have a ton of Twitter followers? We like that too! Photoshop and graphic design chops are also a big plus, but not wholly necessary.
- Viral intuition - Do you ever see something on Reddit and think, “Hmm. That looks like something else I’ve seen before.” Great impulse. We do that hourly. Recognizing patterns intuitively and knowing how to apply them is half the battle and spotting something trending and remembering that we have a piece of content that fits with it is huge.
- We are also only considering those who are currently based in Los Angeles - this is an in-office position, high-touch content editing role. We will not consider candidates that are not currently in the Los Angeles area.
If this sounds exciting, here's what we need from you:
- A cover letter giving color/examples of how you meet and exceed the qualifications listed above. And yes, we are looking at your cover letter to get an idea of your writing style, so smart, funny letters really stand out.
- Links to any social media properties you've helped program, particularly entertainment-focused channels. If you don’t have any social media programming experience, it’s not a dealbreaker for us, so don’t be afraid to apply anyway.
- As we are a site with lists about literally everything, and we like editors who know lots about lots of things, it is also super helpful if you list in your cover letter any areas of expertise you have, from the broad to granular.
**SORRY, NO RECRUITERS**
Ranker is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company's technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the “best possible rankings” via the wisdom of crowds. A Quantcast Top 50 site, Ranker attracts more than 40 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, Ranker is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company launched as a b2b tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business. Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Ranker will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.