Looking to be part of the growth at one of the web's most addictive sites? Then please read on!
Ranker is growing! We are currently looking for a SEO and Content Marketing Manager with one to five years of experience to learn and grow with us and execute on many different areas. This is a great opportunity for a smart, driven individual to join a fast growing internet startup.
We are seeking an SEO professional with a deep understanding of content to grow with us and execute on many different areas. This is a great opportunity for a smart, driven individual to join a fast growing internet startup. Ranker is a particularly interesting property from an SEO point of view as we get 12 million+ UVs/month from organic search, spread out across tens of thousands of URLs.
As our SEO / Content Manager:
You must be comfortable analyzing large amounts of data and using tools, as we are a deep content site. You must be very comfortable with content in many verticals, and the keyword intent to find that content.
While you will eventually touch every aspect of our SEO, our immediate needs are more link-focused and content-focused than technical. We aren't looking for someone to come in and do a technical SEO audit, we are looking to get our content out there more, and optimize it better.
We have plenty of tools and APIs for you to work with, and you can have a budget for freelance help in various areas if need be.
While SEO will always be a focus, we anticipate that some of the role can be focused on other forms of traffic acquisition, particularly if you bring experience to the table. Every aspect of content marketing ties together these days, and if you are looking to expand your skillset to a more well-rounded content marketing one, this is the perfect opportunity, as we are adept in growing traffic from social, for example.
We're looking for:
- At least 1 year of HANDS-ON commercial SEO experience, particularly optimizing for content sites (as opposed to e-commerce or product); please note that this is a very hands-on role, as opposed to a purely strategic one
- STRONG written skills and “writing for SEO” background and understanding
- Strong background in web analytics, the deeper the better
- Strong command of English language and how people use it in search
- Interest and affinity for deep content sites and content in multiple verticals
Bonus points if you have experience in at least some of the below; the more, the better:
- Conversion optimization and/or Funnel Optimization
- Social media marketing
- Social bookmarking
- Content-based paid traffic acquisition (a la Outbrain)
- Traffic/content partnerships with other sites
- Traffic trading plugins
- Experience in on-page monetization (PPC, affiliate, ad nets, etc)
What's in it for you:
- Be part of fast-growing, mid-stage startup with incredible growth opportunities
- Very competitive compensation including salary, bonuses, and meaningful equity
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off
- Work on a wide variety of projects across the entire platform
- Work in a very casual workplace conveniently located in the Mid-Wilshire district, minutes from Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and the 10 Freeway
If you are interested:
In addition to a current resume and salary requirements, please share details about your particular SEO, analytical, and content marketing skills...the more the better!
**SORRY, NO RECRUITERS**
Ranker is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company's technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the “best possible rankings” via the wisdom of crowds. A Quantcast Top 50 site, Ranker attracts more than 30 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, Ranker is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company is launching as a B2B tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business. Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Ranker will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.