Ranker is growing! Located in the Mid-Wilshire district in Los Angeles, CA, we are the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsource rankings of everything. As part of our growth, we're currently looking for talented, experienced, and entrepreneurial-minded engineers looking to build high performance, highly-scalable web applications for our high traffic site (#42 on the latest Quantcast rankings).
We are currently looking for an experienced Back End Software Engineer to join our small, but fast-growing engineering team. If you're curious, intelligent, and looking for a challenge, we should definitely talk!
As a Back End Software Engineer:
You will be designing and implementing web-based Java Spring Applications that power our site. The Ranker technology stack consists of custom CMS framework built on Spring MVC running inside Tomcat.
Leveraging data sets of millions of entities, we aggregate linked data graphs into Ranker to expose them to our user base for our list building platform. Large scale data processing and Ranker go hand-in-hand as we continue to target structured data sets of value to augment our existing knowledge base.
The Ranker Back End Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the high trafficked site, a distributed app and most importantly large scale data aggregation.
We're looking for:
- At least 1 year of actual commercial experience developing web applications using the Java Spring MVC framework (particularly Spring 3.0)
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, Data Structures, Design Patterns, and Algorithms
- Experience and working knowledge of MySQL and Tomcat
- Experience reading API documentation for 3rd Party Libraries
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
Bonus points if you have:
- Work experience working for an Internet startup, particularly in SEO-driven, ad-driven industries (ie online content, ad tech, social media, etc)
- Experience working with Redis, MongoDB, and/or Elasticsearch
What's in it for you:
- Be part of fast-growing, mid-stage startup with incredible growth opportunities
- Very competitive compensation including salary, bonuses, and meaningful equity
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, paid time off
- Work on a wide variety of projects across the entire platform
- Work in a very casual workplace conveniently located in the Mid-Wilshire district, minutes from Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and the 10 Freeway
**SORRY, NO RECRUITERS**
Ranker is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company's technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the “best possible rankings” via the wisdom of crowds. A Quantcast Top 50 site, Ranker attracts more than 30 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, Ranker is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company is launching as a B2B tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business. Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Ranker will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.