Ranker.com, a Quantcast Top 50 site is the leading platform for crowdsourced rankings across pop culture, sports and just about everything else anyone cares about. We have more than 35 million unique visitors per month and generate 500 million pageviews. We are venture-backed, growing rapidly and building out the team that’ll make us one of the most popular and profitable businesses in the digital world.
We are currently interviewing Video Editing Interns for the 2017 Winter Quarter / Spring Semester (depending on your academic calendar) looking to apply their experience in a fast-paced, commercial environment.
What you’ll be doing:
As our Video Editing Intern, under the one-on-one mentorship with a Video Team member, you’ll gain hands-on experience using the Adobe CS suite to create videos for one of the largest web publishers in Los Angeles.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working using the Adobe CS suite, particularly Adobe Premier
- Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year college, preferably pursuing a degree in Film & TV or similar
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Available to work between 12 - 20 hours a week in our office located in the Mid-Wilshire district (we’re on Wilshire, between Beverly Hills and Miracle Mile)
- Available to work during the full length of the Winter quarter or Spring semester, depending on your academic calendar
What’s in it for you:
- Earn college credit towards while gaining valuable hands-on experience working with one of the largest web publishers
- Build a portfolio of publicly available work
- A small stipend is available to help offset expenses
- Work in a very casual workplace conveniently located in the Mid-Wilshire district, minutes from Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and the 10 Freeway
Ranker is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company's technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the “best possible rankings” via the wisdom of crowds. A Quantcast Top 50 site, Ranker attracts more than 35 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, Ranker is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company is launching as a B2B tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business. Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Ranker will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.